Thursday, January 27, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - Aging Gracefully by Dr. Mama

I really loved being 16, and 25, and 34.  But being older than that is much cooler than I had imagined.  I feel more centered, positioned at a better vantage point that allows me to see what I couldn’t see before and to make things matter differently.  READ ALL.
Did you hear today on CNN, Walmart is selling ‘anti aging’ cream to 8-12 year olds. Hmmmm. We need to REFRAME aging along with MOTHERHOOD. When we start to believe older women are beautiful, sexy, forthright and accomplished – even if we have to work hard to make our minds bend in new directions – this would be cultural override, then I think there is truly hope for our children to live for ALL their experiences and not just the youthful ones….. Age is a gift! Believe me, as a kidney transplant recipient, I know this to be true….JR 
Facts on aging

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that every age has its rewards, but I don't believe for one minute that Walmart is selling anti aging cream to 8-12 year olds. I shop at Walmart all the time for just about everything including in the 8-12 year old's section. I have never seen this. Walmart is on a campaign to bring a better market to it's customers presently, more organics and more US products. If anyone is buying anti-aging cream for 8-12 year olds, I am sure it's their parents. If a parent is doing their job parenting, why would their 8-12 year old even thinking about aging? I have no doubt there are crazy things on the market for these children, who says they have to buy it.

    ReplyDelete