Thursday, April 14, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - Full-Time Mom, Full-Time Professional by *Dr Mama* Amber Kinser

Look, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes my efforts pay off and sometimes they’re rewarded with a requirement for more effort. This is just the way it goes. I have to work at not taking an “isn’t this always the way?” approach when things go awry because, in truth, things don’t always go awry. But even when a given day or week isn’t totally tanking, it still is pretty crazy, and pretty taxing, and if there’s enough of both of these, it makes for a good story afterward. And embedded in all this, or perhaps fueled by all of this, is the fact that, like all mothers, I am “full-time mom.” Oh I have a full time career all right, and a while back I was a full-time student/part-time teacher, but ever since Ph.D. school when I had my first child, I’ve been a full-time mother no matter what else I was doing. read more

Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011!

Photo credit Clarita | Morgue File

No comments:

Post a Comment