Monday, May 9, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - Happy F%$ing Mother's Day by Shira Adler, Diva Mama

In my regular Mama role I sometimes have the opportunity to enjoy all the trappings motherhood can bestow. Today, Mother’s Day, was especially bittersweet as you’ll soon see, but I did somehow manage to still spend the day with one of my children and my adoring partner, eating a beautiful brunch, hobnobbing with freshly shorn sheep at the local working farm (which kicked off its seasonal Sunday farmer’s market in style), and journeying to a newly constructed Home Depot for some much-needed bungee cords.

As I sit in my office tonight, I’m reminded that the little things in our daily existence -- those moments we covet because they are often beautiful in their simplicity -- sometimes can’t fully dull the senses of the big things that often reach out from our life experience and horse collar us to the ground. Full body emotional take downs are often devastating, almost always unpleasant, and are not the kind of thing you can prepare for until they happen to you. The life-lessons that almost always accompany such acts of God are often good, but it’s the getting there that’s the hard part. Read more...

Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011!

Photo credit: Pale Pink Flower by Yana Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment