Wednesday, May 18, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - With Heavy Heart by Kim Jennings

My heart is heavy.

My music community just lost one of our own. He was just 29. Too young. A mutual friend called me at work first thing in the morning to see if I knew anything about what happened to him. And I didn't believe it, as I obsessively Googled his name all day and could not find anything about what happened, or an online obituary, or anything. Later that afternoon she emailed me a link. There isn't a lot of detail, and I don't know how he died. I don't need to know.

All I know is that this circle of friends feels a sense of loss that I have not experienced with them before.

As soon as I heard, all I could think about was his mother and how she must feel. Read more...

MamaBlogger365 needs you! Tell us how you're re-framing motherhood and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011!

Photo credit: Solitary Existence by Michael Drummond

No comments:

Post a Comment