Friday, June 3, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - Every Day is Mother's Day by Elizabeth Kathryn Gerold-Miller

My Mom
Elizabeth
Nice, loving,
Hardworking, moneymaking, caring,
Very nice to people
Mom
Happy Mother’s Day 2011

This was the card my ten-year-old son gave to me the day after Mother’s Day. He had written it in school, of course, as the teacher has them do every year, but had forgotten to give it to me, as I knew to be the case.

I was just as pleased to receive this on Monday afternoon. The adjectives I knew came straight from his heart, and I was pleased to see how he saw me. It was nicely balanced between the characteristics of the traditional mom and those of the modern mom. My Monday was much more relaxing than my Sunday, and I soaked it all in. Read more...

Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011!

Photo credit: Happy Boy And Mum by Peter Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment