Monday, June 13, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - From Sound to Silence by Shira Adler, Diva Mama

I am not afraid of many things in life, probably because I’ve survived so many, relatively speaking, horrible incidents. But recently, something frightening has been happening. I have lost my voice - twice - within a short period of time. I know for many this is a seemingly insignificant event and probably low on a top ten list of things to worry about as compared to, oh, I don’t know, Afghanistan, hydrofracking, or the latest Washington scandal (I really wanted to believe Rep. Weiner).

But when your doctor, a renowned diagnostician who has treated many an opera singer, cantor and Broadway vocalist in her day, uses words like “scope”, “polyp” and “surgery”, if you’re me, anyway, you go from feeling a plucky Pollyanna to a jaded Joe Gideon in All That Jazz, steadily sliding from denial to fear to anger. Read more...

MamaBlogger365 needs you! Tell us how you're re-framing motherhood and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011!

Photo credit: Microphone by muslimgalerie Bouh

No comments:

Post a Comment