Sunday, July 10, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - "Sex in Mommyville" by Anna Fishbeyn

My journey with the show, Sex in Mommyville, began as a solo reading at Cornelia Street cafĂ©, which I entitled Conversations with My Breasts. My audience primarily consisted of mothers - including women I met at my daughter’s preschool and nearby playgrounds, women from my graduate days at New School University and Columbia University, women who like me had become mothers and now faced enormous challenges. But it was the little essay entitled, "The Nuts and Bolts of Espionage" (i.e., "Sex in Mommyville") that truly resonated with my audience, sending them into uproarious fits of laughter: the simple story of one mother repeatedly attempting but failing to have sex with her husband during one weekend. Click here to read more...

"Sex in Mommyville" will be at the Manhattan Repertory Theatre, 303 W. 42nd St., 3rd Fl (RSVP 646-329-6588, www.manhattanrep.com). July 27th at 9 p.m.; July 29th at 9 p.m.; and July 31st at 3 p.m.

Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Your tax-deductible donation in ANY amount will help us make our September POP-UP exhibit in NYC a permanent reality - visit our Members page to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment