Thursday, August 4, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - On the Nourishment of Children by *Dr Mama* Amber Kinser

I don’t mind saying, as my readers know, that mothering is difficult work. That raising children is complicated, exhausting, and thankless very much of the time, that children are more complex, and more interesting, than the fragile little darlings that popular ideology makes them out to be. And I don’t feel compelled, in order to prove that I’m not a monster, to always follow those kinds of claims with assurances that I do love my children, as if recognizing that caring for little people and preparing them to be big people isn’t all rainbows and unicorns is some kind of indictment of me as a human being. Having said all that, I’d like to pay tribute today to just a couple of ways in which my children have infused my life and to render concrete an idea that is overused to the point of losing nearly all form and substance: that children can be the light of one’s life....

Click here to read more.

Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Your tax-deductible donation in ANY amount will help us make our September POP-UP exhibit in NYC a permanent reality - visit our Members page to learn more.

Photo credit: Jump by Anna Cervova

No comments:

Post a Comment