Thursday, September 15, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - Affection for Sickness by *Dr Mama* Amber Kinser

I sit in the early morning quietude, not quite awake yet, drinking my cup of “high test” coffee while a pot of half-caff brews. This is my ritual on Thursday mornings as I write my post. As I type, I await the onset of my cold symptoms, lulled as they were through the night by meds and sleep; I anticipate their resurfacing -- aches, sneezing, watery eyes that won’t quite open -- you know the drill. I’ve cleverly attempted to preempt them with Alka Seltzer Plus cold medicine (the best ‘you have to go to work anyway’ medicine I’ve found). And not strangely, I’m thinking about illness and compromised bodies and how they mark moments in family life, connecting people at times and disconnecting them others.

Click here to read more...

-

Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Your tax-deductible donation in ANY amount will help us make our September POP-UP exhibit in NYC a permanent reality - visit our Members page to learn more.



Make history with M.O.M.
Join us for our Gala Opening event, Sept. 16th



Photo credit: Hand Print In The Sand by Jiří Hodaň

No comments:

Post a Comment