Sunday, September 25, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - My Crystal Anniversary by Veronica Hosking

The traditional gift for a 15th wedding anniversary is crystal. In a little more than two weeks, my husband and I will be celebrating our crystal anniversary. We are going to tour North Central New Mexico - Albuquerque, Taos and Santa Fe. Maybe we'll even do some wine tasting out of crystal wine glasses.

As I keep trying to get my husband to write me original poetry, he is very good at borrowing the work of others. I wrote him a limerick for our anniversary last year:

There was a young lad named Shawn Hosking
Who gave a sweet lass a beautiful ring
His love was true
And both said, I do
Now his sweet lass governs the purse string

He realized just how much I watch the purse string as I booked the hotels in New Mexico. He wanted to stay at a nice bed & breakfast in Taos, and we are spending two nights there, including our actual anniversary, October 12th. The nights we are spending in Albuquerque and Santa Fe, I went with more reasonable motels. Shawn said, Hey we're only going to have a 15th wedding anniversary once. My reply: Yes and we still have to pay for gas, food and souvenirs.

At least one anniversary gift will be free. I decided to carry on the limerick tradition. Shawn didn't think the one I wrote last year was very suggestive. I think I did a little better this year:

There once was a woman being a pistol
Who wrapped herself, as a present coital
Fifteenth anniversary
Was becoming a quandary
Since she found no great gift in crystal

Veronica Hosking
http://hosking.gather.com

Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Your tax-deductible donation in ANY amount will help us make our September POP-UP exhibit in NYC a permanent reality - visit our Members page to learn more.

Visit the Museum of Motherhood, NOW OPEN in NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment