Tuesday, October 25, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - Celestial Stars and Moon(ies) by Shira Adler, Diva Mama

Whether discussing astrology or aspirin, celestial bodies or our slightly overweight ones, women can connect over anything and at this weekendʼs New Life Expo in NYC, there was plenty for me and my favorite spiritual females to gab about.

Jo Jayson
As a new vendor, I was clearly deserving my “new lifer” label. Caught in a swirling midst of what felt like a psychotropic Avon convention in the Twilight Zone, I wondered why I thought it would be a good idea to promote my past life regression practice and other services at this metaphysical marathon. Then I remembered, one of my girlfriends told me she thought it would be a great idea. If there is one thing I know, itʼs that women generally donʼt try, buy or trust anything, without a girlfriendʼs stamp of approval! And this particular transcendental diva, dear friend Danna Weiss, is more than a veteran of this event, in my book, sheʼs a star.

And this weekend, I was surrounded by stars - or at least by a plethora of people who read them - at the New Life Expo held at the gracefully aging Hotel New Yorker in midtown Manhattan.

The hotel is actually well known for two abstrusely auspicious gatherings, one that took place in 1982, when 4,000 people received nuptial blessings by their leader, Rev. Sun Myung Moon (christening the dubiously nicknamed building, “Moonie” hotel) and the New Life Expo: a bi-annual conglomeration of some of the most unique psychic and holistic practitioners in the metropolitan NY and tri-state area.

Lisa & Me
From Friday afternoon until Sunday night there was no break from the high vibe, non-stop energy and incessant throngs of people perusing stations laden with galactic goodies: singing bowls, herbal remedies, crystals, books and tarot cards. Yes, occasionally a true whackadoodle would pass by, but Iʼd give the air a shpritz of my sage (think Native-American liquid smudge version of Purell) and bless them on their way, far away from my table anyway.

I was also one of a large number of lecturers, but outside of that one-hour respite, I barely got a bathroom break much less an opportunity to walk around or take in any of the other speakers, including New Age VIPs sound/light channel Judy Satori and David Wilcock, ESP, metaphysics and consciousness expert.

The only element that truly kept me grounded and sane throughout this crazy, hectic three day experience were the women who commiserated with me over the 26 hours we stood on our feet, smiling, talking and demonstrating product for the crowds. Leave it to females to find a way to create their own spontaneous-support group!

My de facto sisterhood includes my favorite Goddess artist Jo Jayson, and metaphysical bling buddy Shareanne Baff (Intentions Jewelry). These amazing ladies and I are “regulars” at Westchester Countyʼs softer, less frenetically paced Awaken Fair and I consider them core members of my “all-time-favorite-spiritual-mompreneurs” club.

But this weekend, a new sister was added to this spiritual posse. Her name is Lisa Kadison, owner of Terralumina, a Woodstock, NY, company offering gifts from the Earth to Light Up Your Life, featuring aromatherapy, ceremonial tools and energetically- enhanced natural cleaning products. Truly I love her products, but more than that, I think Lisa is the bees knees. She is a Reiki master, aromatherapist and jewelry maker of the finest calibre and purest energy.

And oh yes, she also happens to be the ex-wife of my spousal equivalent, a.k.a. my honey.

Did your eyebrow just raise? Of course it did. Thatʼs the reaction of the many passersby who chatted at our table long enough to hear our back story. In fact, it became a badge of honor and my new expo tag line...

Click here to read more!


Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Your tax-deductible donation in ANY amount will help us make our September POP-UP exhibit in NYC a permanent reality - visit our Members page to learn more.

Visit the Museum of Motherhood
NOW OPEN in NYC - Tues.-Sun., 10:45-6:30

No comments:

Post a Comment