Monday, November 28, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - The Light of Black (Friday, that is) by Shira Adler, Diva Mama

After revisiting last week's blog post, I decided I had been reading too much Chelsea Handler. Of course I can justify the selection because it’s legitimate research for my still in-progress serio-comedic memoir. But when my blogging tone gets snarky and stays there just a tad too long, I know I’ve had my fill and it’s time to do whatever it takes to return to the core of my more congenial nature. Clearly my Mama got tipped too heavily to the Diva side.

And now that Thanksgiving has passed, I can honestly say I am grateful to have found my center... and not a moment too soon because the eBay auction clock is ticking on my cyber-Monday watch list specials and come hell or high water, I am determined to make this holiday season really special while not losing my sense or sanity in the process.

So far I’m doing alright, save for the precious few hours of sleep I got Thursday night. Yes, against my better judgment or thanks to a bout of temporary insanity, the jury is still out on that one, my honey and I decided to test my theory about Black Friday that anybody that goes out in the middle of the night is nothing short of a maniac. But being that most of us are still financially struggling, budget consciousness became my primary motivation to heading out at 11:30 pm and seeing first hand, what all the to-do was about.

Let’s just say it wasn’t pretty.

Click here to read more and discover how much light one person can find on Black Friday!

Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Your tax-deductible donation in ANY amount will help us make our autumn POP-UP exhibit in NYC a permanent reality - visit our Members page to learn more.

Visit the Museum of Motherhood
NOW OPEN in NYC - Tues.-Sun., 10:45-6:30



No comments:

Post a Comment