Saturday, February 11, 2012

MamaBlogger365 - The Journey, an excerpt, part 6 - by Jax Resto

Two days after talking with local celebrity guitarist Jeri Jay on the phone, I can't get his hot pink MySpace page out of my head... or his request to audition for my girl band. I send Raven a text about considering it. She thinks I'm joking. Since we're still short a bass player, I don't pursue the issue.

I haven't quite gotten over losing our bass player of 2 hours to Jesus. I think about Chelsea's parting words over the phone. “I'll pray for you to find a bass player.”

My phone vibrates. I think it's Raven, but it's a number I don't recognize. I answer.

The caller says, “Hi. My name is Sam. I'm a friend of Micky's. She said you were looking for a bass player for your new band.”

Though I know better than to let myself get too excited, I can't help it. Sam is short for Samantha.

Thursday evening, Raven and I are sitting in a booth at a local English pub waiting anxiously to meet Sam. I sit facing the front door, so I can watch Sam's entrance. The day we interviewed guitarist Micky at Starbucks, she described Sam as tall, blonde, and gorgeous. Even if Micky was exaggerating, the half hour conversation I had with Sam last night over the phone practically has me sold... not to mention the fact that she's female.

Click here to read more!

The Museum Of Motherhood is the first and only facility of its kind, celebrating the “her”story of mothers around the world. We need your help -- please make your tax-deductible contribution today! Visit the Museum of Motherhood, NOW OPEN in NYC - Tues.-Sun., 10:45-6:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment