Thursday, February 23, 2012

MamaBlogger365 - Limits of Dreams and Gumption by *Dr Mama* Amber Kinser

I remember sitting in the rocking chair on the front porch of my mother’s mountain home with my infant baby, my second child, in my arms. I had just received a job offer in Tennessee, less than three hours drive from her. We were delighted when we got the news but this day we were there because my partner and I had travelled from Indiana with our infant son and 6 year-old daughter to find a place for our family to live and a job for my partner. Ours was a colicky baby and stress levels were high all around.

I was crying and rocking, myself and the baby, and my mother told me hesitantly that she wished I could get OK about where I was at this juncture because “it gets harder,” she said. It’s a statement that probably reads harshly; it feels a little that way as I type it, but don’t remember being put off by it then. And I certainly now understand the motivation to say it.

Click here to read more!


The Museum Of Motherhood is the first and only facility of its kind, celebrating the “her”story of mothers around the world. We need your help -- please make your tax-deductible contribution today!Visit the Museum of Motherhood, NOW OPEN in NYC - Tues.-Sun., 10:45-6:30.
Photo Source: DuBoixMorguefile

No comments:

Post a Comment