Sunday, February 20, 2011

MamaBlogger365: Speaking From the Heart by Loren Christie

“If there is any responsibility in the cycle of life it must be that one generation owes to the next that strength by which it can come to face ultimate concerns in its own way.”
--Erik Erikson


Princess came home with a Kindergarten class list today and sat down at the table ready to make Valentine’s Day cards. Two hours passed and she had 19 cards done.

“But there are 20 kids on this list,” I said, recounting them.

Princess frowned, crossed her arms and said, “I’m not making one for Lenny."

“You can’t do that. You made cards for everyone else,” I said. Then, realizing something was wrong by the look on her face, I bent down to her level.

“Why don’t you like Lenny?” I asked her.

Princess burst into tears... keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment