Monday, June 27, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - High Vibe -1, Homophobes - 0 by Shira Adler, Diva Mama

In high school I had a teacher who was a homophobe, albeit a nice one. I hadn’t been aware of this until one day during my senior year civics class when we were engaged in a model congress session. My teacher had proposed anti-gay legislation. I did what any self-respecting liberal young woman would do in that situation. I challenged his way of thinking, pointed out the statistics that proved gay couples who adopted or gave birth to children were more likely to raise heterosexuals and then asked him, did he know any children who were actually raised by a gay couple?

He replied, no.

“Actually..." read more

MamaBlogger365 needs you! Tell us how you're re-framing motherhood and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011!

Photo credit: Mary R. Vogt | MorgueFile

No comments:

Post a Comment