Sunday, June 26, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - Still More A MAY ZING 2011 by Amy Simon

Three Shows, Three Days, Two Cities, Three Venues – No Roadies

Amy Simon’s been kind enough to share her May journal entries with us – the travel! the shows! Mama Expo! and more! Want to find out more about her work? Visit ShesHistory.com!

Friday, May 27th

DID YOU HEAR? I HAD A BEER WITH LUCRETIA MOTT’S... great-great-great-great-granddaughter. I still cannot believe it. Who is Lucretia Mott? An extremely fabulous female who has a BIG part in my show and in women’s history! Huge! A founding mother, famous abolitionist, ordained Quaker minister - one of the first women in America to preach in public (Anne Hutchinson tried it in the 1600s and she – the mother of the first amendment – was literally run out of town). After a few emails, Lucretia Coffin Mott’s great-great-great-great granddaughter Marianna invited me to her home. I was so excited I could barely speak. When I emailed asking if I could I bring her coffee, she replied: “Too damned hot for coffee. Bring some chips. We’re having ale.”

Click here to read more!

MamaBlogger365 needs you! Tell us how you're re-framing motherhood and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011!


No comments:

Post a Comment