Sunday, October 16, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - Breastfeeding Mermaids of Bologna, part 2 by Elena Skoko

Click here to read part one of Elena's essay.

This scene reminds me of a teenage mother who came to visit me in Bologna with my sister on their graduation trip. She was seventeen and already a mother of a toddler. Her graduation trip was one of the few occasions she could still enjoy as a simple teenager. I was so moved by seeing her spending her week of freedom lying on the couch in front of our big TV. She had all my sympathy. During one of her few escapades outside the idle zone, she went with my sister and my sister’s boyfriend on a public bus. There was an old grumpy couple somewhere in front of them. “Bet I can sprinkle them with my milk right in the face!”, the teenage mother challenged playfully. She pulled out her breast, squeezed it and centered the old man right on the spot in a few meters distance without the victim noticing where it came from. I found the gesture hilarious. The mermaids of the Fountain of Neptune reminded me of her ever since.

Click here to read more!

Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Your tax-deductible donation in ANY amount will help us make our fall POP-UP exhibit in NYC a permanent reality - visit our Members page to learn more.


The Museum of Motherhood is NOW OPEN in NYC! Come visit us!

401 East 84th St. (at 1st Ave.), New York, NY | Tues.-Sun., 10:45 a.m.-6:30 p.m.

Photo by Patrick Clenet

No comments:

Post a Comment