Tuesday, November 8, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - Creating a Work/Life Balance by Diane Lang

Hello everyone! I received an e-mail with a great question on balance that I thought I would share, along with some information and tips on establishing and maintaining a work/life balance, a struggle most of us go through on a daily basis. Please send me any questions you have. I can share the questions and answers with others and we can help each other.

Dear Diane:

Hi! I’m a full-time mom with a full-time job. I work around 45 hours a week and my commute eats up at least another 8-10 hours a week. I always feel like I’m running. I feel overwhelmed and stressed out. I wish I could find some balance between my work and personal life. Any tips? Thoughts?

Unbalance


Dear Unbalance:

Most of us feel this way. Between work, family, and social commitments, most of us feel like there is never enough time in the day. What I have learned as a counselor/coach is that it’s not about time, it’s about setting priorities and living in the moment. We spend a lot of time worrying about the future and things we can’t control. We also spend a lot of time saying YES when we mean NO, which adds a lot of stress to our lives. Here are a few tips that could make a difference in your daily routine.

Click here to read more!

Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Your tax-deductible donation in ANY amount will help us make our autumn POP-UP exhibit in NYC a permanent reality - visit our Members page to learn more.


Visit the Museum of Motherhood
NOW OPEN in NYC - Tues.-Sun., 10:45-6:30

No comments:

Post a Comment