Tuesday, November 15, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - Female Band Invasion - the Journey, an excerpt, by Jax Resto

Need to catch up? Click here for last month's installment of Jax Resto's work in progress!

Part 3

I am artistic, creative, and like to do things out of the ordinary. And I suppose I'm more of a leader than a follower. So doesn't it stand to reason that at some point I would become drummer and writer in my own rock band?

A few days after meeting Raven — the first... second member to my mom-rocker band, we get together to figure out ways to acquire more members as well as market the band. We meet during the day while my husband is at work. Taking care not to share too much band stuff with him is no easy task, since even when I don't willingly share, he asks. Just being polite or genuinely interested via selective memory? I don't know, but once he opens those flood gates, it's hard to curb my excitement. I wonder why he gets so annoyed about these things... or maybe why he married me in the first place, since all I'm doing is fulfilling my destiny. I know some of his frustration stems from thinking I take more than I should from stupid people. Evidently he doesn't view my writing songs like “Cuntessa” as a viable form of retaliation.

Click here to read more!

Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Your tax-deductible donation in ANY amount will help us make our September POP-UP exhibit in NYC a permanent reality - visit our Members page to learn more.

Visit the Museum of Motherhood
NOW OPEN in NYC - Tues.-Sun., 10:45-6:30


No comments:

Post a Comment