Monday, November 14, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - Words and Actions by Shira Adler, Diva Mama

Seeing the world for what it truly is means sometimes you see things you love and sometimes you see things you would rather ignore. Most of the time I try to close my eyes to or at least hold a dispassionate curiosity for the “low-vibe” stuff like the fact that 100M kids got turned on to new ways of creating violence when Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 came out. But truly vibing high, like the anonymous helper in the attached video clip, is being unattached to outcome or linked to personal gain. So, I must offer a shout out to my fave Over40Females group for putting up something worth reposting in the hopes that it resonates for others the way it did for me.

Mind you I am very particular about what I write about and repost on my own DivaMama FB page or in my blog. After all, I have strict standards, judging material according to my own personal five-hanky barometer. And true, my children think I cry at everything (Okay, I generally do) but in this case, the video clip warranted the tears. It demonstrated not only the power of words, but the response that the right words and an appropriate call to action can engender.

But besides watching a video clip, thank God I have bountiful opportunity to see with my own eyes people doing good in the world. And in the case of my dear friend Danielle Butin, I not only see it with my eyes, but my heart... letting in the good that exists in the world around me. From the smallest gesture without regard for outcome, like the green-shoed lady in the video – to my dear friend Danielle, who gives without any expectation of getting back – it’s about raising your vibration and once again I find an example of what that really means.

Click here to read more about Danielle Butin and the AFYA Foundation!


Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Your tax-deductible donation in ANY amount will help us make our autumn POP-UP exhibit in NYC a permanent reality - visit our Members page to learn more.

Visit the Museum of Motherhood
NOW OPEN in NYC - Tues.-Sun., 10:45-6:30

No comments:

Post a Comment