Tuesday, December 13, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - Mom Scout Badges by Karrie McAllister

In a moment of weakness and semi-insanity, I agreed to help take on an entire Girl Scout troop. And while anyone who truly knows me knows that there is probably no better job for me, I have to admit that it’s harder than I thought it would ever be.

Growing up, I was a Girl Scout for many years. The girls in my troop were without a doubt my best friends, and my leaders were positive and permanent role models in the way I live my life even today. It was, all in all, an outstanding experience that I wouldn’t trade for anything – not even all the badges in the world. As it was, for all of the years I was an actual scout, the number of badges we actually earned were very few. It was almost as if one night around a campfire the leaders looked at each other and said, “we don’t need no steenking badges!” and they erupted into hearty belly laughs.

Click here to read more!

Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Our end-of-year giving campaign is going on NOW! - visit our Members page to learn more.

Visit the Museum of Motherhood
NOW OPEN in NYC - Tues.-Sun., 10:45-6:30

Photo credit: anitapatterson|MorgueFile

No comments:

Post a Comment