Wednesday, January 25, 2012

MamaBlogger365 - 2012 Change is in the Air by Veronica Hosking

The girls had two full weeks off for winter break. They returned to school for the second half of the 2011/12 school year on the 9th. At the end of the week, both brought home their second quarter report cards. Gretchen got an A+ in math and B's in the other subjects. Rachael brought home the requirements for 8th graders to move up to 9th, and I told her, "You may have a hard time getting promoted when you keep bringing home straight A's." ;)

This year is full of change for our family. Next month my husband will be celebrating his 40th birthday. Then in May both girls will be promoted. Gretchen will finish 5th grade and be moving up to the middle school. Rachael will finish 8th grade and move up to high school. Mom was feeling a little left out of all these changes, nothing new was on my horizon. Then I found an opportunity to apply for a summer residency in poetry. Since the girls started back up at school, Mom has been busy writing her proposal and polishing her portfolio.

Now with my part of the application process complete, I am left waiting to see if I'll be going down to Tucson sometime over the summer. Of course, I'm not just sitting here twiddling my thumbs. I have a 40th birthday party to plan and then there is the celebration at the end of the school year to work out. As both girls do very well in school and moving up to a new school is exciting, we want to show the girls how proud we are of their hard work.

The beginning of a new year is filled with expectation. 2012 marks memorable life changes for my family. I hope they prove to be positive experiences we will cherish.

Veronica Hosking
http://hosking.gather.com


The Museum Of Motherhood is the first and only facility of its kind, celebrating the “her”story of mothers around the world. We need your help -- please make your tax-deductible contribution today!Visit the Museum of Motherhood, NOW OPEN in NYC - Tues.-Sun., 10:45-6:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment