Thursday, February 2, 2012

MamaBlogger365 - Fine; I'm Flawed by *Dr Mama* Amber Kinser

OK, so fine. I’m a flawed human being. I don’t always act in my own best interests. I don’t always act in my children’s best interests. But I do try. Sometimes this mother in me comes out who is more like what I think my own mother was like. Resolute. Directed. Consistent. Grownup. And other times, well. Let’s just say less so.

I’ll grant, for example, that shooting whipped cream into my mouth directly from the can is one of those things you do when you’re, say, nine. And I’ll grant that teaching my children this uncouth habit by poor example, to my partner’s complete and total dismay and probably disgust, is something that… well something my mother wouldn’t do for one thing. And OK, yes, me walking through the grocery store with my two children when they were younger, all of us trying to not be seen spraying whipped cream into our mouths is, it could be argued, less than stellar mothering practice. But I’d like to say in my own defense that… well, I don’t actually have a defense for that one.

Click here to read more!


The Museum Of Motherhood is the first and only facility of its kind, celebrating the “her”story of mothers around the world. We need your help -- please make your tax-deductible contribution today!Visit the Museum of Motherhood, NOW OPEN in NYC - Tues.-Sun., 10:45-6:30.
Photo credit: vilhelm | MorgueFile

No comments:

Post a Comment