Monday, May 23, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - A Dollar is Worth a Million Bucks by Shira Adler, Diva Mama

Have you ever seen the History Channel’s American Pickers? It’s one of my guilty pleasures that I DVR as regularly as I do my other fave - American Idol.

Weekly, hosts Mike and Frank tool around in their white Mercedes van driving the back roads of this country searching...  “Each item we pick has a history all its own and the people we meet, well, they’re a breed all their own. ”

This weekend, my driveway would have been a welcome site for any respectable picker. I held the Mama of all tag sales and opened not only my garage, closets and history but my heart. Of course I had other motivation for doing so. My boyfriend who is always so present and available for me, is moving in officially next week and the level of clutter in my home was starting to threaten both our mental well-being. I wanted to do this for him and as usual, he wanted to be there every step of the way to help. And you know what? It’s a good excuse to meet the neighbors. But I was hoping for more than a general “I-feel-so-much-better-that-I-finally-did-this” kind of vibe. I was hoping for a minor heartwarming miracle similar to what my friend experienced. Read more...

MamaBlogger365 needs you! Tell us how you're re-framing motherhood and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011!

Photo credit: greenfinger

No comments:

Post a Comment