Sunday, May 22, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - My Journey from Never Enough to Good Enough by Hollee Schwartz Temple

Hollee Schwartz Temple is co-author of Good Enough Is the New Perfect: Finding Happiness and Success in Modern Motherhood (Harlequin Nonfiction, Spring 2011)

Flash back three years, and through my kitchen window you’d see a frazzled mom, laden with a package of Oreos, a bag of pretzel sticks and a Highlights magazine.

My then-kindergartener, Gideon, had seen the idea for “spider cookies” in the magazine, and so there I stood, determined to make “the best” snack for his class. It was all going according to plan until I tried to insert the first pretzel leg into the Oreo spider body, and found that either the pretzel leg or the cookie body cracked when I tried to complete the project. Two hours later, as my husband munched on “spiders” I had rejected as not good enough to serve to the five-year-olds, he wondered out loud whether anyone would even realize that the concoctions -- which ultimately took two hours to assemble -- were supposed to be spiders!

That was then, and thankfully, over the past three years, I’ve learned to take a fresh new approach to my work/life balance. Through the research my friend Becky and I performed for our new book, Good Enough Is the New Perfect: Finding Happiness and Success in Modern Motherhood, I came to discover that attitude is really everything if you want to enjoy the life you’ve been given. Read more...

MamaBlogger365 needs you! Tell us how you're re-framing motherhood and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment