Friday, September 9, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - Life Lessons from "The Help" by Lowry Manders

Read it. See it. Doesn't matter the order -- you won't be disappointed. Kathryn Stockett's "The Help" is really such a captivating story, so beautifully-told, and with so many life lessons, including lessons for parents.

Before I get to those, here's a practical lesson from my experience:

* Lesson #1: Don't forget to take a tissue or two into the theatre! I should have known this, but of course, I was running late, having stood in line for my $20 bottle of re-bottled tap water. Based on the book, I expected the movie to be quite painful to watch, but it was actually quite enjoyable. The producers have obviously taken measures to "lighten up" the story a little, but the messages remain powerful, and you still need a tissue! (Of course, I need a tissue for the the movie trailer itself, too.)

I knew I was in trouble when the very first scene had me in tears... it is the one repeated several times in the book that I will always carry with me in my parent/teacher heart....

Click here to read more!

-

Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Your tax-deductible donation in ANY amount will help us make our September POP-UP exhibit in NYC a permanent reality - visit our Members page to learn more.



Make history with M.O.M.
Join us for our Gala Opening event, Sept. 16th

No comments:

Post a Comment