Thursday, September 8, 2011

MamaBlogger365 - Stepping Twice Into Family Rivers by *Dr Mama* Amber Kinser

I’ve been absent from my usual mama-blogging regimen for three weeks, having taken myself on a writing retreat one week (eight days actually, which I did blog daily about, beginning here, getting overloaded at work as the new university semester got into gear the next week, and working through my father’s recent heart attack and hospitalization (he’s home now and improving) the next. But I’m back on the Thursday gig and hopefully can remain on it; many thanks to my regular readers for sticking with me till I could return.

I’m really not one to call on the old dead Greek guys much. But if you’ll forgive me this once, I’d like to invoke today the wisdom of Heraclitus, a philosopher of ancient Greece. Heraclitus is famous, perhaps among other things, for observing that no one can step twice into the same river. As soon as one puts a foot in, his thinking went, the water in that place is already moving so swiftly and changing so significantly that if one stepped into that spot again, she’d be in quite a different space; for all intents and purposes, she’d be in a different river. I think motherhood is like that.

Click here to read more!

Support MamaBlogger365 and help the Museum of Motherhood secure a permanent home in 2011! Your tax-deductible donation in ANY amount will help us make our September POP-UP exhibit in NYC a permanent reality - visit our Members page to learn more.

Make history with M.O.M.

Join us for our Gala Opening event, Sept. 16th




Photo credit: Potomac River by Peter Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment